The process of selling your home is considered difficult because you will have to deal with different people such as buyers, lawyers, real estate agents, have to deal with such process as cleaning your home, packing your stuff, and moving to your new digs. During this busy process, you may ask experts to help you with staging a home to sell.
Home stagers are specialists in the art of decorating and preparing homes for sale. They help to improve a home’s curb appeal, eliminating the clutter or fixing the arrangement of the furniture. Home stagers will help you to decorate your home and give your potential buyers a great first impression.
Although staging a home to sell is becoming more and more popular, it does have some stereotypes. Here are some famous stereotypes about home staging!
- Staging a home to sell is not important because it is only a trend for the rich – Home staging is becoming popular not only for selling expensive houses. Now real estate agents make home staging as part of their plan for marketing a home. It helps easily raise the value of your home by hiring professionals to prepare it for buyers. Staging a home to sell shows the potential buyers how they can use the space of the home properly. Since most of the houses are prepared in simple and clean designs, it shows buyers that houses may look great even be decorated in a minimalist way.
- Don’t hire a home staging company, you can do it yourself – Some people think that preparing their home for viewing is an easy task and they can do it yourself. However, if you want the best possible results, you should hire a home stager. These experts have undergone training to learn all about what the buyers want and what they’re looking for. You may rely on your own personal style and taste; but would your personal style be attractive to buyers? A professional home stager knows better how to maximize the space, flow, design, and light of a home. They won't just decorate the house but highlight the best features of your home.
- Home staging is expensive – If you’re going to sell your home, it's time to think about your return on investment. A home is a significant part of a person’s assets. If you want to sell your home at a good price and quickly, then you need to make a small investment such as home staging. As the studies show those, who have chosen a professional home staging, earned more money from the sale. Staging a home to sell is considered a small investment and it’s not expensive because the professional home stagers are able to maximize your budget. If you prepare your home for sale, you would have to spend money on it. If you want to see a better return on investment, home staging is definitely the way to go!
- A home stager will remove everything inside your home and replace them with new items – The task of the staging a home to sell is not to remove everything inside your home and to replace the items but to work with what the homeowners have and prepare a home for the viewing of potential buyers. A professional won’t really recommend removing or adding anything to your home unless they think that it will have a positive effect on the sale.
- Buyers will be able to see something more than only the stuff in my home – Most potential buyers see what’s right in front of their eyes and nothing more. When buyers take a tour of a home for sale, they see what is there. So, it is important to clean, and remove any items which show your personal style and taste. It is better to show the buyers a clean and simply-designed home. Don't force buyers to use their imagination, but show them that your home is bright and well-cared-for. So, hire a professional home stager and your buyers will see the best-looking home possible.
As statistics show, home staging will help to sell your home at a better price and fast. Some people think that home staging isn't an important part of the process of selling a home, maybe because of all the stereotypes popping up about home staging. However, the truth states the same – staging a home to sell will improve the appeal of the home that makes it more attractive to the buyers.