Are you wondering why your home isn't selling quickly? Maybe you put a «For Sale» sign on it and assumed offers would start rolling in? Well, the reason why your home isn't selling as quickly as you expected maybe that you didn't stage it properly.
Staging is the process of decorating a home to look at its best so that it can sell fast and for top dollar. This may involve decluttering, cleaning, reorganizing, and upgrading some of the features of the house. However, one of the most effective ways to make your home more appealing to potential buyers is to make the right decor changes to the interior and exterior spaces of your house. While this may seem unnecessary since the buyers will only be buying the house alone, the true power of it lies in psychology. Decorating your home properly helps to highlight the best features of your house and allows the prospective buyers to envision their lives inside it. This will lead to your house selling quickly and at a better price.
Here are the best pieces of decor you can use when you're staging your home for sale
- Slipcovers. Are you looking for a stylish and affordable way to spruce up your home and make it sell fast? If so, then you may consider buying slipcovers to cover your dining room chairs, armchairs, and sofas. These decorative cloth covers are a quick and easy way to give your old and stained pieces of furniture a fresh look. Slipcovers also help in neutralizing your pieces of furniture that have a very bold color or pattern to avoid distracting the buyers. Remember that people have different tastes, so when you depersonalize your home, buyers will envision their lives inside your home, and this will lead to a good offer.
- Pillows and Throws. When staging your home for sale, you want it to look more luxurious so that it can attract a reasonable offer, and a quick way to achieve this is to add some extra pillows on your sofas and beds. You can easily get nice and comfortable pillows at your nearest home improvement stores. Ensure you mostly stick to neutral colors with a few portions of pattern or color. At least 3 pillows on the sofa and 5 on the bed are enough to make your home more inviting. Other decorative additions buyers love are throws. You can drape one across the bed's foot and or over the arm of a chair or sofa. This will make your home more appealing to buyers.
- White Towels. Want to give your bathroom a spa atmosphere? Or perhaps make it look like a hotel bathroom? Adding crisp, white towels to your bathroom can make it more appealing to buyers. Colored towels don’t usually feel spa-like and can seem dingy. White towels, on the other hand, feel fresh and clean. So, put away your colored towels and replace them with new, white ones. You can get cheap white towels online or at your nearest clothing store.
- Area Rugs. Area rugs are perfect at defining a space and making it look larger. You can also use them to cover up damages or stains on your flooring. Neutral area rugs can help in toning down colorful carpets that you don't want to or can't afford to replace. When buying area rugs, choose ones that perfectly fit your rooms and ensure the one in the living room isn't too small; the front legs of your chairs or couch should at least touch the rug.
- Fresh Flowers. You don't need to spend a fortune to make your home appealing to buyers. Fresh flowers are an elegant and affordable way to make your kitchen and bathroom more inviting to potential buyers. They can add extra life and color to these spaces, making them look like a retreat. The best thing about flowers is that they don't have to be expensive to serve their purpose. A cheap flower like a daisy in a small vase can go a long way in sprucing up your kitchen sink or bathroom counter. A cluster of white hydrangeas plucked from your yard will also look fantastic on the dining room table or coffee table. Fresh flowers will not only improve the look of your house but will also infuse it with a fresh fragrance that will change the mood and overall feel of your house.
- Mirrors. Mirrors are other great accessories you can add to your home when staging it for sale. Strategically placed mirrors can help in increasing the space of your small rooms visually. In fact, aside from soaring ceilings and oversized windows, there's no better trick to increase tiny spaces than using well-placed mirrors. Expanding walls, breaking visual clutter, and bringing in light, mirrors can help you deal with any design problem of your house. And of course, they're beautiful decorative accesories as well. You can use them in the bathrooms, kitchen, hallways, over a bed, or even over a fireplace.
- Artwork. Choosing the right artwork is critical when staging a home, but most homeowners tend to overlook it. It's important to note that artwork for house decoration is different from artwork for house staging. For house decoration, you usually choose artwork that personally speaks to you. However, when it comes to art decorations for house staging, it’s more about creating an appealing atmosphere that will speak to the buyers while not stealing their focus from the house. Artwork for house staging should complement the house it’s placed in without distracting from the house itself. In other words, it should be attractive to the eye but subtle. When properly selected, house staging artwork can enhance each space and highlight the best features of your home. This will make the buyers feel like they are in a special place that speaks to them, making them offer a good deal for your house.
- Vases. Ceramic vases are great accessories for staging a home. They can add some texture to any room, making them feel cozier while at the same time giving the space a touch of elegance and sophistication.
- Fireplace. When thinking about decor for home staging, don't forget about the exterior of your house as it's also an important part of your home. One way to decorate the outdoor space of your home is to put up a fireplace to your backyard. Outdoor fireplaces are a great way to transform your yard landscaping and turn your backyard into a cozy outdoor retreat, ideal for warm family gatherings and outdoor cooking. You can build a cheap DIY traditional outdoor fireplace to increase the value of your house and prepare it for sale. This will make your house get off the market fast, and with a good deal.
Staging a home doesn't have to be expensive. Use the above decor ideas to spruce up your home and make it appealing to potential buyers. Contact us now to learn how we can help you to sell your home fast.